Become an ARTAV for the
Young STEM Leader Programme
12-month consultancy opportunity
(13 days equivalent)
January–December 2022 | £3250 per year | 2 posts available
We are delighted to present the opportunity for two experienced YSLP Tutor Assessors to join our team of Associate Regional Trainers and Verifiers (ARTAVs).
Specifically, we are looking to fill two vacancies to meet programme demand:
one vacancy in the South East of Scotland (East Lothian, Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders) and
one vacancy in the North of Scotland (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Highland, Moray, Orkney, Shetland, Western Isles)
Whilst most work would be undertaken remotely, there may be some requirement to travel to centres or events within your local area.
About the role
The dynamic Associate Regional Trainer and Verifier (ARTAV) team is be made up of highly skilled individuals acting as regional ambassadors with a strong working knowledge of YSLP. As well as delivering professional learning and acting as a point of contact for YSLP, ARTAVs complete quality assurance and verification activities to maintain the integrity and reputation of the programme. More generally, ARTAVs will be advocates for SSERC and YSLP, providing a positive and knowledgeable voice for the opportunities YSLP offers.
ARTAVs must be trained Tutor Assessors. They will support the Young STEM Leader Project Team flexibly and remotely although some opportunities for face-to-face working may be taken where appropriate and practicable.
In a typical month, an ARTAV’s commitments may involve delivering a face-to-face Information Session to a local cluster of primary schools, completing an External Verification exercise for a secondary school YSLP cohort and developing a resource to support a YSLP event. No two weeks look the same, and we support our ARTAVs to work on projects and events that interest them.
All ARTAV work will be undertaken in own time/or upon agreed release from their centre.
• Providing 1:1 support and guidance to TAs within sector (e.g. Primary, Secondary, Community) or agreed geographic area (South East Scotland/North Scotland) (equivalent 2 days per year)
• Completing External Verification activity (equivalent 4 days per year)
• Delivering online training and professional learning within sector (e.g. Primary, Secondary, Community) or agreed geographic area (equivalent 4 days per year)
• Training/administration related to the role (equivalent 2 days per year)
Taking part in a mandatory 1 day in-person training event at SSERC (15th January 2022 – 1 day)
The time allocation above may be re-prioritised in line with ongoing upscaling and increasing participation in YSLP.
• Existing Tutor Assessor with strong working knowledge and competence of the YSLP.
• Knowledge in current strategies and policies relating to Curriculum for Excellence and STEM
education and training.
• Confident using the YSLP resources and documentation, including experience using the online platform.
• Excellent communication and presenting skills, with willingness to deliver professional learning face-to-face or online to groups of up to 50 practitioners.
• Experience in the quality assurance of learner evidence for non-formal and/or formal
Experience delivering professional learning and/or training sessions to adults
How to apply
To apply, submit a CV (Max 2 pages) and Covering Letter (Max 250 words) by Monday 6th December to email@example.com with the subject ARTAV Application. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 13th December at a mutually agreed time.
The contract will begin on 3rd January 2022 with an in-person training event at SSERC in Dunfermline on Saturday 15th January 2022.
For an informal discussion about the role and how it might work for you, please get in touch with Jamie Menzies, YSLP Programme Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01383 626070 (ext. 244)